Auditions for Spring 2022 TBD
Location: Oakland Baptist Church, Choir Room
1067 Oakland Ave, Rock Hill SC 29732. Ebenezer Ave entrance. Look for the YCCS banner.
Fear not! The audition is light and fun! If you love singing and have some choral experience from school or church, you will enjoy YCCS!
Auditions are on a first-come, first-serve basis – no need to sign up.
Singers in YCCS are expected to have medium to advanced music reading skills, an ability to blend their voices with others, and prior singing experience with choral ensembles such as church choirs, college, or advanced high school programs.
Steps to prepare for your audition:
- Remember to bring a mask and proof of vaccination. You must have both in order to participate in the audition.
- Ensure you can follow our safety guidelines for rehearsals.
- Ensure you can attend rehearsals on Thursday evenings at Oakland Baptist Church, Rock Hill SC. Rehearsals start Sept. 2, 7:30-9:30pm. After Sept. 2, the rehearsal time is subject to change.
- Prepare a solo in your vocal range or the National Anthem to sing for the director.
- If possible, print and fill out this registration form. Hard copies will also be available on site.
The audition process will explore range vocalization, a short check for aural skills and music reading ability, and singing a prepared song (if possible). The audition will be overseen by the director and rehearsal accompanist. You do not need to bring an accompanist but may do so if desired.
Chamber Choir Auditions
The Chamber Choir will not perform in Fall 2021. Check back for audition info for the spring 2022 performance!
For more information on auditions, contact: Dr. Katherine Kinsey, Artistic Director/Conductor firstname.lastname@example.org.