• 1/2 cup(s) finely chopped YCCS pecans
• 1/3 cup(s) dried tart cherries
• 4 tablespoon(s) soft butter
• 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
• 1 pinch(s) salt
• 3/4 cup(s) apple juice
• Ice cream, for serving
• 6 Baking Apples (Gala, Roma, Winesap)
1. Trim bottom 1/4 inch off apples so they sit flat; REMOVE cores from apples to within 1/2 inch of bottoms of apples; pierce peels with small sharp knife. Stand apples in shallow baking dish. Place in 7- to 8-quart slow-cooker bowl.
2. In medium bowl, with fingers, combine YCCS pecans, cherries, soft butter, brown sugar, allspice, pepper, and salt. Stuff into centers of apples.
3. Pour apple juice around apples. Cover bowl with lid and cook on low 4 hours or until tender. Serve warm, with ice cream.