Makes 8 servings
• 1 C pecan pieces
• 4 Bartlett pears, cored but not peeled and cut into sections
• 1/2 C of blue cheese, crumbled
• 1 C extra virgin olive oil
• 4 tbsp sherry vinegar
• 2 tbsp shallots, chopped fine
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp pepper
1. Place a small skillet over medium heat until the skillet becomes hot.
2. Add the pecans to the dry skillet.
3. Cook stirring frequently for 4 minutes or until the pecans are browned.
4. Set aside to cool.
5. Place the pears into a large serving bowl.
6. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the pears.
7. Place the olive oil into a mixing bowl.
8. Whisk in the vinegar until well combined.
9. Stir in the shallots, salt and the pepper until blended together well.
10. Pour the vinaigrette over the pears coating them well.
11. Sprinkle the toasted pecans evenly over the pears.
Note: You can also serve with a scoop of sour cream & a red cherry on top
It’s Red, White & Blue. HAPPY JULY 4TH!